|270 Nm @ 1600 rpm
|U.S. EPA & CARB Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V
|In-Line 4, 4-Stroke-Cycle Diesel
|Turbocharged (T) or Turbocharged-Aftercooled (TA)
|Rotation from Flywheel End
|Weight - Net Dry - Basic Operating Engine Without Optional Attachments
Advantages and Features
Reliable, Quiet and Durable PowerWorld-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven core engine designs assure reliability, quiet operation, and many hours of productive life.
High PerformanceSubstantial torque rise delivers impressive performance throughout a wide speed range while maintaining low operating costs.
Fuel EfficiencyFuel consumption optimized to match operating cycles of a wide range of equipment and applications while maintaining low operating costs.
Broad Application RangeIndustry leading ratings and options for compact construction equipment, material handling, and other industrial applications. The engine is designed to require no special training or operation, which makes it particularly suitable for machines that are used in rental fleets.
Package SizeUltra-compact package size and high power density ensures ease of installation. It also allows machine manufacturers to develop smaller machines, with low weight for transport, tight turning circles for productivity, and good sight lines for safety.
World-class Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network
- Scheduled maintenance, including S•O•S℠ sample
- Customer Support Agreements (CSA)
- Caterpillar Extended Service Coverage (ESC)
- Superior dealer service network
- Extended dealer service network through the Cat Industrial Service Distributor (ISD) program
- Alternator 12 volt 85 amp
- Starter motor 12 volt
- Glow plug starting aid, delivers heat directly to cylinder for best starting performance in cold weather
- Electronic control unit - chassis mounted
- Flexible and configurable software features and well supported SAE J1939 CAN bus enables highly integrated machines
- Wiring harness connectors and sensors are waterproof and designed to withstand harsh off-highway environments
Flywheels and Flywheel Housing
- SAE No. 4 standard flywheel housing
- Choice of flywheel weight and bolting pattern to accommodate a range of industry-standard hydraulic pumps and transmissions
- 2000 bar high-pressure common rail system
- Proprietary fuel filters to ensure engine protection through correct service procedures, along with water-in-fuel detection, ensures maximum machine up-time for the operator
- Alternative oil fillers
- Spin-on lube oil filter
Power Take Off (PTO)
- SAE A PTO drive
- Cast iron engine block
- Cast iron exhaust manifold
- Gradeability 35° continuous
- Paint: Cat yellow
Aftertreatment/Clean Emissions Control Equipment
- Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC)
- Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)