|1050 Nm @ 1400 rpm
|China Nonroad Stage III, Brazil MAR-1, UN ECE R96 Stage IIIA
|Weight - Net Dry - Basic Operating Engine Without Optional Attachments
|In-Line 6, 4-Stroke-Cycle Diesel
|Turbocharged Aftercooled (TA)
|Rotation from Flywheel End
Advantages and Features
Reliable, Quiet and Durable PowerWorld-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven core engine designs assure reliability, quiet operation, and many hours of productive life.
High PerformanceSeries turbocharging with smart wastegate available on specific ratings for fast response, high power, and increased torque.
Fuel EfficiencyFuel consumption optimized to match operating cycles of a wide range of equipment and applications while maintaining low operating costs.
Fuel & OilTier 4 Interim or Tier 4 Final, Stage IIIB or Stage IV engines require Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel containing a maximum of 15 ppm sulfur, and new oil formulations to support the new technology. Cat® engines are designed to accommodate B20 biofuel. Your Cat dealer can provide more information regarding fuel and oil.
Broad Application RangeIndustry leading range of factory configurable ratings and options for agricultural, material handling, construction, mining, aircraft ground support, and other industrial applications.
Package SizeExceptional power density enables standardization across numerous applications. Multiple installation options minimize total package size. Ideal for equipment with narrow engine compartments.
World-class Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network
- Scheduled maintenance, including SOSSM sample
- Customer Support Agreements (CSA)
- Caterpillar Extended Service Coverage (ESC)
- Superior dealer service network
- Extended dealer service network through the Cat Industrial Service Distributor (ISD) program
- Standard air cleaners
- Full electronic control system, all connectors and wiring looms waterproof and designed to withstand harsh off-highway environments, flexible and configurable software features and well supported SAE J1939 CAN bus enables highly integrated machines
- Top tank temperature 108°C (226°F) as standard to minimize cooling pack size, 50:50 water glycol mix, detailed guidance on cooling system design and validation available to ensure machine reliability
- Diesel particulate filter and regeneration system supplied, with a range of inlet and outlet options
Flywheels and Flywheel Housing
- Wide choice of drivetrain interfaces, including SAE1, SAE2 or SAE3 configurations
- Electronic high pressure common rail, ACERTTM Technology, innovative filter design to ensure maximum protection of the engine.
- Wide choice of sumps for different applications
Power Take Off
- SAE A or SAE B flanges on left-hand side. Right- hand side twin PTO also available. Engine power can also be taken from the front of the engine on some applications, factory fitted compressors are also available.
- Paint: Caterpillar yellow, with optional colors available at request